Saturday, January 07, 2012

Made To Crave by Lysa TerKeurst Book Review

Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire With God, Not FoodMade to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire With God, Not Food by Lysa TerKeurst

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Are you craving food more than God? This book is amazing, life changing and inspiring. As Lysa says, it's not a "how to" book on dieting, it's a "want to" book. Lysa tells her story of her battle with food. Not as an addiction or issues like anorexia or bulemia, but rather as food as her comfort, her reward for doing well, her pick me up when things go wrong. This type of mentality obviously will lead one down the road of unhealthy eating and weight gain. Instead, Lysa encourages you to turn to God. Every time she would crave something unhealthy, she would pray. As a result, she said she talked to God a LOT during those first few days of changing her eating habits. I could relate to what Lysa had to say on just about every page. I highly recommend this book if you need to make a change in your life.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Sheri Salatin said...

I had the privilege of hearing Lysa live at a women's conference last October. What a wonderful woman and an amazing testimony. I haven't yet had the opportunity to read this book, but it's on my list. :)

Lynette Eason said...

You will LOVE it! Even someone who doesn't have an issue with weight would get something from it. We all have things that we can put before God, weight is just one. I'd love to hear what you think about it when you finish.